Thursday, July 29, 2004

Arrival in Cyprus

Well after an absolutely terrible flight:

  • Directly behind a screaming baby
  • 2 or 3 other screaming babies in my section of the plane
  • A non-working entertainment system

i've arrived in Cyprus. Actually, the flight could have been worse... I had a spare seat next to me between Sydney and Singapore and I actually managed to get some sleep. Was still extremely tired last night, I went to sleep soon after 6 and didn't get up til 6:30 this morning.

My apartment is nice, I'm sharing with another BluePhoenix employee (an American called Mark... reminds me a lot of Jack Nicholson), which disappointed me at first, but now I'm actually quite pleased as he's really helped me settle in, shown me where everything is etc.

Tonight I'm off to the big APOEL Nicosia vs Sparta Prague match, a European Champions League qualifying match. Unfortunately public transport is really limited here (it's very disappointing, it's going to be an effort to get to all the sights around the island) so I think I'll have to catch a taxi. I'll have a match report tomorrow morning!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about the most important thing?
What was the food like on the plane? Did it come in nifty little packages? Was there anything cool to eat? Hope it's a good soccer game!!
Trish

traveltodd said...

See...
This is why you need to fly business class like Trish and I do from now on (when paid for by you ...the Australian tax payer...) ...heh heheheheh

Anonymous said...

Hi Justin
The joys of overseas travel - at least you were not part of the bomb scare we had in Sydney yesterday when a plane turned back after a sick bag with BOB (bomb on board?) written on it was found.
In case you forgot to take the address with you and you want others to have a look:
http://www.walksydneystreets.net/
Have Fun
Graham

Anonymous said...

Hey J Man,
Those screaming babies sound like a dream compared to the complete shamozzle of an oztag game we played last night (14-1 loss). The only try we got was from when Katie slipped over near the line and the ball touched the ground first, oh well at least it wasn't a shut out.
Have a good time over there buddy.
Frosty

Anonymous said...

OZTAG - Chloe
Hey there,
It sounds like you are having a great time. I bet the weather there is better than here. They are predicting snow today YAY!!!!!
I was writing to let you know that I am organising an OZTAG team for next season. I know that you will be away for bits and pieces of it but I was wondering if you would still be interested in playing when you are here. The team can cover you rego cost so you don't have to pay for a full season.
Let me know what you think.
Chloe