Saturday, September 04, 2004

Last Day!

Today is my last full day in Cyprus, my flight leaves tomorrow at 3pm. I'm a little bit sad to be going, because I love all the people here, and I also haven't seen as much of Cyprus as I would have liked, and I also missed out on going to Egpyt and/or Jordan. Of course the main reason I missed out on all that was because I went to the Olympics, and that of course more than makes up for it! But overall I'm really happy to be going home and being with Sophie and my family and friends again.

The last few days have been great, on Wednesday I went out to an Italian restaurant with Prasad (one of my housemates) and two other guys from work, and I had a fantastic tortellini with a four cheese sauce, was one of the best I've ever had. Last night was drinks in a bar with a large group of people from work, including James (my trainer for the last two weeks), Mark who was in Cyprus for a couple of days on his way from India to his US home, and my other housemate Ganesh. Tonight a groups of us from the apartment complex are going to go to a Greek takeaway place at the end of our street for dinner, I think I'll have a final Souvlaki! Hopefully I'll also have enough money for an icecream, but I'm attempting to avoid getting any more money out, as the minumum ATM withdrawal is £20 ($60) and there's no way I'll get close to using that up before I leave.

So tomorrow I first have a 3-hour flight to Bahrain, where I have a 1.5 hour break. I then have a 17 hour flight to Sydney, including a 1 hour stopover in Singapore, arriving at 8:10pm. Unfortunately the last plane from Sydney to Canberra leaves at 8:30pm so I'll be staying overnight with Grandpa and Uncle John at Longueville. Then I fly to Canberra at 6:30am, arriving at 7:20am Monday. So it will be 37 hours between leaving my apartment in Nicosia and arriving at Goodchild St. And I'm still really looking forward to it!

I'll probably keep up my journal when back in Canberra, but I somehow don't think it will be as interesting unless you enjoy hearing about how all my sporting teams are performing!

Anyway thanks for reading, and I hope to see most of you next week!

No comments: