Monday, January 28, 2008

8 Weeks

Liam is 8 weeks old tomorrow. The past few weeks he's been steadily gaining in size, weight, and ability to sleep. Saturday night was the first time he slept all the way through the night - down at 11pm, up at 7am. Last night he wasn't quite as settled as Soph and I each had to get up a couple of times between 4:30 and 6, but we managed to get away without feeding him until his normal 7am feed. So hopefully he's starting to get the idea of this whole "night" thing.

Besides the obvious benefit to Soph and I, it seems as though Liam is benefiting from the extra sleep too - all weekend he has been smiling a lot in his awake periods. He has also learned to follow me with his eyes and head, when I move to the other side of him he rolls his head around, stares at me and smiles. It's so wonderful to watch him get more interactive every day, and with the extra sleep that we're all getting we should be able to enjoy it all the more!

No comments: