Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Hottest 100

Here are the songs I voted for in the 2007 Triple J Hottest 100, and how they fared in the countdown:

Urthboy - We Get Around (#25)
Feist - 1234 (#34)
Cut Copy - Hearts On Fire (#39)
My Chemical Romance - Teenagers (#44)
Midnight Juggernauts - Into The Galaxy (#57)
Radiohead - Jigsaw Falling Into Place (#94)
Mickey Avalon - Jane Fonda (didn't make it in)
Josh Pyke - Fed And Watered (didn't make it in)
Regurgitator - Blood And Spunk (didn't make it in)
Ween - Learnin To Love (didn't make it in)

I was quite surprised that Josh Pyke got three songs into the 100 but none of them was my favourite, Fed And Watered. I was also surprised at Muse getting #1, I had no idea Knights of Cydonia was so popular! Gary mentioned that it is one of the Guitar Hero 3 tracks, and given that it only made #1 by 13 votes, perhaps that's what got it over the line!

No comments: