Friday, November 02, 2007

Last Hurrah

A few months ago it was announced that Canberra would have a new public holiday on Melbourne Cup Day (the first Tuesday in November). Apparently under the new Workplace Agreement laws an old union family & community day was now illegal, so they needed something to replace it with. Given no one does any work on Melbourne Cup Day anyway it was clearly the best choice!

At about the same time the release date for a game I've really been looking forward to, Hellgate: London was announced as November 2nd.

And Sunday November 4th is my and Sophie's first wedding anniversary.

So it was fairly obvious that this would be the perfect time for one last hedonistic celebration before I get down to the serious business of raising children. I'm going to take Monday off and have a fantastic four days! Here's my plan:

Saturday will be the warm-up day. I'll be sleeping in, doing some shopping, playing some Hellgate, and watching the Arsenal vs Manchester United Premier League game.

Sunday is our anniversary and Soph has planned a brilliant day for us! We'll be sleeping in, having a decadent breakfast of fried food and pancakes and watching DVDs, all before a dinner at the Hotel Kurrajong, where we were married last year.

Monday I am proclaiming Justin Day. I'll be sleeping in, watching TV, movies and sport, playing Hellgate, eating as much junk food as I can get my hands on - I'll be pretty much doing whatever I want for the entire day.

Tuesday I'll be, of course, sleeping in, followed by Hamish's touch football and BBQ event. I'll then watch the big race, and I'll finish off the weekend with my favourite pasta from Zeffereli's.

This will be the last occasion I will be able to devote entire days purely to myself, and I plan to enjoy it as much as possible!

No comments: