Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Olympics Day 4

Coverage was a lot better last night. When I got home from work both channels were switching around to lots of different sports quite quickly. I saw some water polo, football, hockey, sailing, volleyball and basketball. There was no weightlifting on last night so they also showed all the swimming live. The 4 x 200m relay was extremely disappointing... after Thorpe made up a full body length in the first half-lap I thought the race was ours. And he probably only needed another 10m to win the race at the end. Still, I guess this balances out the 4 x 100m gold on the first night which was so unexpected.

Unfortunately then the gymnastics started on one channel, and once it starts that's all they show until it finishes. The other channel showed Greece vs Spain in mens water polo, which I just loved, I can't wait to actually be there on Saturday! I can't believe there aren't more fights though, they're so brutal to each other but they just seem to accept it. And they only very rarely complain when being sent to the sin bin. Greece won the game quite comfortably and looked very good, I think Australia might struggle to beat them. Should be good to watch though! And all the tickets have been sold so it should be a great atmosphere.

After the water polo they showed Greece vs USA in mens basketball. Unfortunately at half time it looked like the US would go on and win so I went to bed (and was proved right this morning).

No comments: