Friday, August 13, 2004

Work News

I had a phone interview with DIMIA this morning. I would love to see the phone bills for these calls I keep taking - yesterday I had a conference call involving 4 people in 4 different countries (Australia, Cyprus, England and India) and at least 2 of us had mobiles. But anyway it went quite well, and if they decide to go with me then it looks like I could be back in Canberra for the forseeable future once my training has finished. This is both good and bad... I think I'll be much happier overall as I am really missing Sophie and my friends and family, but it means I won't get to Egpyt. Still, I know I'll get there one day...

It will probably be a week or two before I find out for sure.

I still haven't moved apartments yet... will be moving tonight. Also, my training isn't starting on Monday which is quite annoying... it should be starting the week after and so I should still be back on the same day (September 18th) as I was leaving Cyprus a week after my (originally scheduled) training started anyway. I imagine BluePhoenix would be quite keen to get me to DIMIA as soon as possible so they can start getting seom value out of me!

It's going to be great watching the opening ceremony tonight, especially as I don't have to either get up at 4am or not get any sleep until 7am to do so! I'm planning on spending the rest of the weekend watching the Olympics... hopefully I'll be able to see all the big swimming races, and they won't choose to show weightlifting instead...

No comments: